Tuesday 13 March 2012

Photoshop of Panel 4

This is an image from the forest where I filmed my music video. I added tone and decreased the saturation until the image was black and white.  

This is the image I decided to use as the main focus point of the back cover, I wanted the band sitting down so I could put the track list above their heads. I darkened the image slightly and added contrast to make the curtains look darker. 

I added a mask and faded the band image into the the forest image below it on the top of the image. 

I did the same thing for the bottom of the image. 

I put in the track list, I decided to have two columns so the 8 songs fit in the space. I changed the font to one that is slightly spiky to fit the metal genre. I looked at different colours for the text but colours like green and red were hard to see because of the pattern of the leaves in the merged part of the image.  

I rearranged the columns so they were about an equal distance from each edge and added a small disclaimer at the bottom of the image which most CD's have that includes information on the record label. 

The final panel, although a bar code may be added to give an authentic look to the CD.  

A colour version of the panel, I wanted to compare to see which looked better, but because my panel 1 has muted colours I decided to continue the theme and keep the original black and white image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment