Sunday 11 March 2012

Photoshop of Disc Cover

I decided on a simple design for my disc that matched the panel under it (Panel 3). Panel 3 features a cross hair so I decided to put that image on the disc. I decided on a single colour background because the panel below it had an image of the forest and I didn't want the two to look cluttered by having too many things going on, especially as the front cover is very detailed and as a new band a lot of images are being used to create the band image and convey the ideology so I thought a simple disc cover would compliment it well. I started by making a circle and cutting a circle out of the middle and giving it a block colour. 

I used the cross hair from my third panel so the images matched. 

I merged the two images and enlarged the cross hair so the middle of the cross hair is where the cut out circle is. Because the idea was so simple I experimented with the colours as the images below show. The colours I used are contrasting, and are generic of metal (black, red, white, dark blue).










I added a non-generic colour (green) because of the anti-war ideology of my band, this gives me a larger range of choices to see which colours fit with the rest of my album images best.  

Note: I changed the cross hair design in my final idea to avoid confusion and make sure the audience know what it is meant to be, the image used in the images above don't have enough similarity to other cross hair designs. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice clear lines for Panel 3 and links to the anti war theme in your music video. Note the recent news that a soldier has gone crazy in Afganistan and killed a number of civilians. You could note this on your blog (research label) as another indication of the way war dehumanises soldiers and civilians. Or to quote Wilfred Owen a 1st World War poet who speaks of "the pity of war". Look at BBC News website for chilling details. Some effective planning Miriam.

    ReplyDelete