Monday 21 November 2011

Overall Profile

This is my target audience in a basic format, some of these parts I went into more detail with in my audience and musical profile.





Above are the four main aspects of an audience, the parts that an audience use to show themselves as a fan of that genre and parts of how bands appease that (such as in the media section, the target audience don't tend to watch TV much so bands use websites and radio). There are also parts that a marketer would use to target the audience such as lifestlye and what clothes they wear, how they buy music and tickets to festivals.

Although I don't have a specific section in my profile about the importance of music to metal fans, my music profile has explaination to as why fans are attracted to the genre, through research on metal bands, I find that the fan followings seem to be a way of belonging and sharing values. Music seems to have a deeper meaning for metal fans than for other tribes and everything about them is geared towards the genre, for example taking time out to attend festivals and gigs, wearing band t-shirts are the only branded part of thier appearance, etc. The devotion metal fans have to thier music is something that I will have to think about when making my digipak as some specific things have to be met to be a part of the genre that fans would expect from a newly debuted metal band.  

There is more detail of the bands they like and how they are advertised in my musical profile.

There is more detail of festivals on my muical profile.

I went into more detail of this in my audience profile and I find it important which is why I have highlighted it by taking a closer picture.

1 comment:

  1. Miriam

    I should have fed this information back to you sooner for the grade I gave you last term for your Audience Research. Below is the information I've given to Ms Barton for your Audience Research. This grade will go towards your overall Research and Planning grade for your coursework when Ms Barton totals it all up at the end of the coursework.

    Miriam’s audience research is dominated by an exceptional project researching the marketing, ideology and audience appeal of similar artists. This extended analytical piece is of the highest standard, examining specific details and exploring these intelligently in terms of the audience appeal, relationship with the genre, and the ideologies that are promoted. This is supplemented by careful and appropriately detailed profiling in the form of an overview and discussion of information from the FindYourTribe profile. The quality and strength of the research into similar artists thoroughly warrants a high mark for this component of the coursework.

    Grade: A

    ReplyDelete