Monday 27 February 2012

Photoshop of Panel 2



These are the three original pictures I used for the 3rd panel, I needed profile shots of Julia and Ryan and a face-on shot of Staz which was originally going to be a head shot, however I decided a preferred a body shot as he is the lead singer and I needed to show his importance over the other two performers.  


I started with a black background to put my three performers on, I decided on a dark background as it followed conventional genre of metal, although red would have also followed genre it didn't give the same final look at the end, it looked too bright and had undertones of violence that are not present in any of the Interstate songs. 


I cut Staz out of the original picture and centered him in the image so I could cut around the image closer. 



I then cut around both my other performers, at this point they are both facing the same way but the images are flipped later when they are on the black background and left the original way at this point so no quality is lost. 

Next I put the image of my lead guitarist in the centre of my background.

I added Ryan and flipped the image so he is facing outwards.

Then added Julia, In my original design the two profile pictures face inwards but because I decided to have a full figure of Staz, having Julia and Ryan facing inwards looked too much like hero worship, so to give the band a more equal footing (while still showing the importance of my singer) I flipped them both to face outwards. 

I used a mask and gradient effect to fade the bottom of the image into the background.  

I did the same technique on Julia and Ryan, although I changed their places as Julia has some of her arm showing in the picture and it doesn't blend very well with the black so I moved her to the bottom so the lack of fading doesn't matter.  

I added the first part of the text that outlined the names of my band and their role. 

The final text was some information of the band, unfortunately due to a lack of real information from the band, Interstate I have made some information based on the lyrics to their songs and the themes of those songs. 

My final panel, although the text type may be subject to change. 

 Edit: Many people thought there was too much writing so I took it off and kept the names of my performers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment